Double antigen ELISA for the detection of antibodies directed against Burkholderia mallei in serum or plasma from horses, donkeys, mules or other susceptible species.
- Offers excellent specificity (100%, n=856) and sensitivity (100%,n= 86)
- Allows for superior diagnostic performance (Se, Sp) compared with CFT (Elschner et al. 2021)
- Easy-to-use, with ready-to-use reagents and results in just 90 minutes
- Registered by the FLI in Germany, and available for immediate shipment worldwide
- Excellent reproducibility, robustness, repeatability and stability
|Method||Double Antigen ELISA|
|Specimens||Serum and plasma|
|Coated antigen||Microplates coated with a Burkholderia mallei recombinant protein|
|Conjugate||Purified Burkholderia mallei recombinant antigen-HRP conjugate (Concentrated 10X)|
|Product code||Reactions||Kit format||Plate format|
|GLANDA-2P||192||2 plates||8 x 12-well strips|
|GLANDA-5P||480||5 plates||8 x 12-well strips|
- Mandy C. Elschner et al. 2016. OIE-Project-Validation study of a western blot technique and ELISAs for serological diagnosis of glanders in equids for the purpose of certifying freedom from infection in individual animals for trade or movement. 10th S16 IEIDC Abstracts / Journal of Equine Veterinary Science 39 (2016) S7eS19.
- Mandy C. Elschner et al. 2021. Validation of a commercial Glanders Elisa as an Alternative to the CFT in International Trade of Equidae. Front. Vet. Sci. 8:628389.