- High correlation with the virus neutralisation test (VNT)
- Sensitive and specific, with clear separation of positive and negative results
- No cross-reactions with SBV (see ref. 2 in the list of references)
- Fast and convenient:
- Ready-to-use components, with results in just over 2 hours
- Easily check that all samples have been correctly deposited thanks to the dilution buffer which changes colour upon addition of the sera
- Cost-effective for the analysis of large numbers of samples, notably in comparison with VNT
Method :Competitive ELISA
Specimens :Serum and plasma
Coated antigen :Purified virus
Conjugate :Anti-G1-HRP conjugate (concentrated 10X)
AKAC-4P 4 plates 384 12 x 8-well strips
AKAC-10P 10 plates 960 12 x 8-well strips
- Lunt, RA, White, JR, Newberry, KM, (CSIRO Livestock Industries, Geelong, Australia), Pourquier, P & Comtet, L (IDvet, Montpellier, France). Development of a commercial ELISA for the detection of serum antibody to Akabane virus. Poster presented at the 2007 WAVLD meeting, Melbourne, Australia.
- Comtet L. & Pourquier P. (IDvet, France). ID Screen® Schmallenberg virus Competition Multi-species: validation of a competitive ELISA for the detection of antibodies directed against the Schmallenberg virus nucleoprotein. Poster presented at the 2013 Epizone Congress, Brussels, Belgium.