Detects antibodies against all Influenza A subtypes and antigenic variants thanks to the use of a monoclonal antibody against a highly conserved epitope of the Influenza A virus nucleoprotein.
- Accurate and reliable results
- Highly sensitive and specific
- Positive and negative reference sera available as internal controls
- Improved workflow
- Easy-to-use, with results in under 2 hours
- Comprehensive data analysis with the ID Soft™program
- Convenient multi-species test applicable to birds, horses, swine. Consult us for use in any other species.
- For avian species:
- use with egg yolk samples which are easier to collect and cause less stress to the layers
- use with Serum Transport Cards, allowing for practical and safe shipment of blood or serum samples to the lab
Method :Competitive ELISA
Species :Multiple species, including horses, birds, swine and others
Specimens :Serum, plasma, egg yolk, porcine oral fluid
Coated antigen :Influenza A nucleoprotein (NP)
Conjugate :Anti-NP-HRP conjugate (concentrated 10X)
- Kittelberger, R., McFadden, A.M.J., Hannah, M.J., Jenner, J., Bueno, R., Vait, J., Kirkland, P.D., Delbridge, G., Heine, H.G., Selleck, P.W., Pearce, T.W., Pigott, C.J., O’Keefe, J.S., Comparative evaluation of four competitive/blocking ELISAs for the detection of influenza A antibodies in horses, Veterinary Microbiology (2010), doi:10.1016/ j.vetmic. 2010.08.014.
- Bertran, K. et al. Pathogenesis and transmissibility of highly (H7N1) and low (H7N9) pathogenic avian influenza virus infection in red-legged partridge (Alectoris rufa). Veterinary Research 2011, 42:24.
- Dundon, W.G., Terregino, C., Tuttoilmondo V., Pizzuto, M., Busani L., Mancin, M., Cattoli, G., Capua I.. Preliminary validation of a commercial Avian Influenza N1 antibody competitive Elisa kit that can be used as part of a Diva strategy. Epizone 2007, Poland.
- Molia, S. et al. Avian influenza in backyard poultry of the Mopti region, Mali. Trop Anim Health Prod. 2009.
- Terregino, C. Evaluation of sensitivity and specificity of a commercial competitive avian influenza type A antibody ELISA kit, the OIE-FAO and National Reference Laboratory for Newcastle Disease and Avian Influenza, IZS delle Venezie, Legnaro (Padova), Italy.
- Busquets, N. et al. Experimental infection with H1N1 European swine influenza virus protects pigs from an infection with the 2009 pandemic H1N1 human influenza virus. Vet. Res (2010) 41:74.
- Lange, E. et al. Pathogenesis and transmission of the novel swine-origin influenza virus A/H1N1 after experimental infection of pigs. Journal of General Virology (2009), 90, 2119-2123.
- De Benedictis, P. et al. A diagnostic algorithm for detection of antibodies to influenza A viruses in dogs in Italy (2006-2008). J. Vet Diagn Invest 22:914-920 (2010).
Ready to use chicken serum pool containing significant and known antibody level against Avian Influenza virus. Read more
Ready-to-use specific pathogen free (SPF) chicken serum pool. Does not contain any antibodies against any avian pathogen. Read more
Freeze-dried horse serum not containing antibodies against pathogens responsible for various equine diseases. For use with various ID Screen® kits. Consult us for more information. Read more