Recent and widespread Avian Influenza outbreaks in Europe are prompting authorities to consider introducing H5 vaccination, and in particular the use of recombinant vaccines, to protect flocks from the devastating consequences of the disease.
IDvet offers the only diagnostic tools to:
- monitor any H5 vaccine ;
- differentiate infected and vaccinated animals (DIVA) when recombinant vaccines are used.
H5 indirect ELISA for vaccination monitoring
The ID Screen® Influenza H5 indirect ELISA kit (cat. FLUH5S) is designed to monitor vaccination with both conventional and recombinant vaccines. The test may be used for H5-specific antibody detection in chickens, turkeys, ducks and geese.
A unique DIVA solution to detect field-infected animals in vaccinated flocks
If animals are vaccinated with recombinant H5 vaccines, use the ID Screen® Influenza A Nucleoprotein Indirect ELISA (cat. FLUNPS) alongside the H5 ELISA to identify field-infected animals in vaccinated flocks as part of a DIVA strategy. This strategy, illustrated in Table 1 below, is only possible with recombinant vaccines such as HVT-H5, VLP-H5 or RSV-H5.
- Quantitative ELISA tests
- Specific detection of anti-H5 or anti-nucleoprotein antibodies to differentiate infected from vaccinated animals
- Monitor both conventional and recombinant vaccines with the H5 iELISA (HVT-H5, VLP-H5, RSV-H5)
- Excellent correlation with the hemagglutination inhibition test (HI)
- Applicable to a wide range of species, including chickens, turkeys, ducks and geese
Note: For disease diagnosis in the absence of vaccination, use the ID Screen® Influenza H5 Competition test (cat. FLUACH5) for optimal specificity.